Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Buttons Lamb 2015 days 2 and 3

This is this little guys second day photo!
His eyebrows KILL me!
I love him and his adorable old-man-ness!

Day 3
I love that he is filling out!
Those baby wrinkles disappear so quickly!


For our lambs first 3-4 days we keep a pretty detailed record of them.
I check on them at least every 4 hours and document anything I see.
I have livestock records for everything on our little place
so
I just changed my sheet slightly and made a lamb record form in excel.

Records are really important. 
I have learned their value in dealing with our horses.
It is hard to remember every detail of a timeline and when a vet comes out it is really handy to have an accurate account of all the things you've seen or done.

It's also made lambing easier for me.
I am a rookie and I get a ton of information from other people
and so my own record keeping
helps me to remember what happened with LAST years lambs....
What is normal and what isn't.

If you want a copy of my livestock record or my lambing record,
just send me an email,
I would be happy to save you the time in excel!


Animal Name: Vet Info:
Animal Type: Clinic:
Animal Breed: Name:
Description: Cell:
Sire:                                    Dam:



Date Description
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment