Thursday, July 2, 2015

Learning to Listen

Last night my girls went out to do their chores. As they were finishing up with the goats, one of them felt like they needed to go and check the sheep. They went. When they arrived at the shelter one of the ewes was stuck. 4 feet in the air on her back. One stayed with the ewe and one ran to the house to get me. When I got there the ewe was upright again. My daughter felt like she needed to roll her over. The ewe was stumbling and stiff. She had been there for sometime (I check them morning and night so it must if happened shortly after morning checks) but her back was saturated with urine and fecal matter.


So glad that these two listened to that inner voice and found her. And another great lesson learned on our little homestead!


No comments:

Post a Comment